My friend and team member Aneaya challenged me to help get the word out about 22Kill.com. She is doing 22 push ups for 22 days to spread the word about the 22 soldiers a day that commit suicide a day.
So who is 22KILL.COM and what are they doing to help are returning service men and women?
What is #22KILL?
#22KILL is a global movement created by veterans with a mission to:
- Honor those who serve(d)
- Raise awareness to veteran suicide and mental health issues such as PTS and TBI
- Educate the public about current veteran-related topics and issues
- Recruit Veteran Advocates aka “Battle Buddies”
- Support various veteran empowerment programs; i.e. Honor Courage Commitment, Inc. (HCC), Equest Hooves for Heroes, Brain Treatment Foundation, Center for BrainHealth, REACT, Adaptive Training Foundation, and more.
Veteran Advocates aka “Battle Buddies” wear the #22KILL Honor Ring™ – a black band worn on the right index finger. By choosing to become part of Team #22KILL and wearing this ring, you are committed to:
- Research and learn about your local veteran service organizations and what their missions and needs are
- Focus on veteran strengths and challenge negative attitudes around veteran “issues”
- Advocate for veterans in a positive light in any platform you have
- Raise awareness to the issues of veteran suicide, and follow up with a positive solution through education and empowerment through programs offered from local nonprofits and veteran service organizations
- Believing that veterans are America’s greatest asset and learning to love them and show them that you care
I am honored to be doing these as I have so many friends that have or are serving in the military right now. It is only 22 push ups